Sunday 29 September 2013

Self Portrait

Meanwhile Mr.Ernesto my lecturer for Figure drawing gave us our 1st assignment. Which is known as the "SELF PORTRAIT"  To make an expressive drawing of myself that becomes something more than just likeness by introducing symbolic images of objects, dream like music instruments, fruits, insects, bears, mechanic tools or multiple images or by suggesting aspects of an environment such as the interior of a room or automobile.

We were asked to analyze small rough sketches to explore com-positional variations before beginning the large drawing.

Here are the sketches I drew:




Mr.Ernesto suggested to go with the sketch I like the most.I chose the last one above. He said good but as it was going to be drawn on an A1 paper it would look plain so he suggested to come up with a background design.



So I came up with a floral background design
                                          

                                              Process and research of my drawing









Final outcome




No comments:

Post a Comment