Sunday 3 November 2013

My Monogram

Here again we have been assigned to do another work... Pfffffttt...So tiring you know. We are packed with assignment but you know what Ms. Lisa makes it easier for us. She comes up with simple and easy going assignments.. Ahaaa..... though I mention it as easy, we are suppose to think out of the box. as always. We should think beyond the limit... I mean common you cannot come up with the same design every time when an assignment is given right... So yeah!

Here we go! Our new assignment was to design a monogram. Well you all must bethinking it as a simple logo. Nah! It's not actually.  It means,
  1. monogram
    ˈmɒnəgram/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a motif of two or more interwoven letters, typically a person's initials, used to identify a personal possession or as a logo.
      "a handkerchief with his monogram embroidered on one corner"
    verb
    1. 1.
      decorate with a monogram.
      "Irish linen napkins monogrammed with the initials C.S"


      Few examples of monograms which I was inspired of,







    Here are the monograms I came up with using my initials,




    Miss.Lisa was happy with my work and so was I. :)
    She selected 1 monogram for me and asked me to develop using it.

    These are what I did,




    I showed my sketches and Miss Lisa asked me to add something that depicts me. Maybe a little bit of touch up. Something feminine...Then i drew the curvy ends and a crown on the top.She did like that and I was really glad of what I did. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment